Find a participating pharmacy
The BCN AdvantageSM ID card is accepted at a wide range of network pharmacies, including most major chains.
Where to fill your prescriptions
You must use a network pharmacy to receive plan benefits. At preferred pharmacies, you may get your drugs at a lower copay or coinsurance. The pharmacies in our network can change at any time.
BCN Advantage HMO-POS has contracts with pharmacies that equal or exceed CMS requirements for pharmacy access in your area.We have three categories of pharmacies in our network:
- Preferred pharmacies offer members lower cost-sharing for covered drugs.
- Retail network pharmacies may cost more than a preferred pharmacy but less than a non-contracted pharmacy.
- Mail order pharmacies may save you money on medications you take for chronic conditions and offer the convenience of home delivery.
You will find both preferred and retail network pharmacies in our BCN Advantage Provider/Pharmacy Directory.
Use your Blues card when filling prescriptions to be safe and save money.
If a prescription is filled without your BCN Advantage card, we don't have your complete medication history. Together with your physician we can automatically detect medication problems such as:
- Drug Interactions — two or more drugs taken together may cause harmful side effects
- Therapy duplication — two different drugs may be used to treat the same condition and only one is needed
- Unsafe drug choices for certain populations based on age, gender, etc.
You shouldn't be charged more than your copay for your prescription. If a discounted price is less than your copay, you will always pay the lower amount.
Participating retail pharmacies
You can fill prescriptions at more than 2,400 retail pharmacies throughout Michigan, along with thousands in the United States.
* Source: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan Pharmacy Report August 2013
Network mail order pharmacies
If you have a participating BCN Advantage plan, you're eligible for mail order prescriptions through our vendors. Prescription drugs from any other mail order services aren’t covered. See frequently asked question for more information.
You may go to a retail or use a mail order pharmacy to receive your covered prescription drugs. You can receive up to a 90-day supply of your maintenance medication through either our mail order service or through most retail pharmacies in the BCN Advantage network. Preferred and retail network pharmacies can be found in our BCN Advantage Provider/Pharmacy Directory.
H5883_BCNAdvantage Web 6.1 Pending CMS Approval